Tuesday 16 June 2015

How to recover from Bell's Palsy in 3 weeks!!!

Most of us might not have heard of a condition called Bell's Palsy and might even mistaken it as stroke due to its similar symptoms. The recovery progress is rather long and frustrating as described by a friend of mine. Below is her experience and journey when she was struck with this condition.



Sharing on Bell's Palsy :

I was struck with Bell’s Palsy in March this year, it was an extremely unpleasant experience which I would never ever want to experience it ever again.

During that period, I google a lot as I hope to find out more about Bell’s Palsy but not many I could find especially for the cases in Singapore.

That’s why I decided and agreed to let Jinny share about my Bell’s palsy journey as maybe it could help someone out there.

Here you go:

While I was meeting my friend at NEX on Thursday afternoon, I noticed that my left eye was a bit tighten kind of feeling, I thought it’s time to change my monthly contact lens.

But before that, I was down with flu – where I have a feeling this time the flu was quite serious type.

On that night itself, I felt a sharp pain in my right eye when I was washing my face and hair. I didn’t know what happened and went to bed as usual without thinking too much.

On Friday morning, I started to feel something was amiss. I can’t gargle my mouth as I can’t close my mouth properly and my right eye was in pain again when I washed my face. I then looked into mirror and to my horror I noticed right side of my face seems not under controlled.

I told my husband about this and was wondering if it could be symptoms of mild stroke? But after google, it seems unlikely. Anyway to play safe, I went to visit a GP.

After diagnosed, it was confirmed that I had Bell’s Palsy – where facial nerve was injured due to infection.

Anyway the doctor still refer me to neurologist and asked me to take steroid. I asked doctor why I need to go for neurologist and what can neurologist do for me. His answer was just to double confirm it’s Bell’s palsy and not other infection, and most likely steroid will be given also to treat the inflammation.

I thanked the doctor for his advice but I didn’t followed his instruction to take steroid and go for neurologist. Just google on the side effect on the steroid and you will know why I refuse to take.

With my knowledge in NI, I know I need to nourish my immune system so that it will carry out the repair function which i needed now so I chose NI food instead.

As I mentioned earlier, I did lots of research on Bell’s palsy, basically Bell’s Palsy is nerve injury due to infection. That’s why traditionally doctor will prescribed steroid to stop the inflammation first. http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/20050316/why-steroids-are-bad-for-you

By understanding the root causes and advice from Jinny, I chose:

1.       Millennium instead of steroid, as cactus has very high anti-inflammatory ability. The phytochemical known as beta-sitosterol in the cactus helps to prevent wound from being inflamed.

2.       Orchestra and Oxyginberry as Ashitaba and Ginseng berry can helps greatly in nerve repairing to promote the nerve growth factor.

As doctor said it will takes days or even months to recover, I google it and most of people in fact takes months or even longer to fully recover. Symptoms usually start to improve after about 2-3 weeks, and have usually gone within two months. In some cases, it can take up to twelve months to recover fully.

In some cases, symptoms do not completely go. Some weakness may remain for good. However, it is often a slight weakness of part of the face and hardly noticeable. It is uncommon to have no improvement at all; however, some people are left with some degree of permanent facial weakness.

Throughout the period, other than my face drooped, I had inconvenience from eating, drinking, gargling, my eye was very dry and pain and kept tearing and I have speech difficulties too. I have to tape my eyes at night. For those who has experienced Bell’s Palsy you will know what I am talking about.

I am really thankful to the NI super food, as I fully recovered within 3 weeks with NI food. It was a very scary and humbling experience. I can’t even performed my normal life routine eg. , I need to patch my eye as my eye can't close completely, I can't drink water properly, I can't chew or eat properly – I felt humiliating . And I don’t know when I will recover. And of course I never ever expected that to be happened on me as we used to take our health for granted.
In the nutshell, don't take health for granted and start practicing healthy lifestyle with NI.



Blessed that we have the best doctor in the world - our immune system.
Blessed to have Dr.Chen, without her, we will never know precisely on how to eat right and what are the best nutrition that are nourish our best doctor in the world.
 


Feel free to PM me if you wish to find out more how NI food helps in Bell’s palsy.


Jinny
Excellent Lifestyle Coach
92963562

https://nutritionalimmunologylifestyle.blogspot.com/2014/06/so-what-is-nutritional-immunology.html

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete